To create a Text Based Push Message campaign on a mobile device,
- Click on the New Campaign tab on the left side of your screen.
2. 2. Click the Get Started button below the Push Message tab and click on Text Mobile Based option from the dropdown.
A preview screen pops up once the Text Mobile Based option is selected. The preview provides a view of how the campaign will look on a mobile screen. Close the preview by clicking on the "X" button on the top right corner of the preview to open the campaign creation wizard.
- Enter the campaign title and description of the offer.
Tip: Use the text editing tools just above the description box to make your text look attractive. Increase/decrease the size and thickness of the text. Use the strike through tool to show slashed prices or offers on your web-store. Use the tool bar to attach links, images or special characters to your offer description. In case you do not want to use the offer description box and are contended with the title only, just click on the Hide Description check box.
- To re-direct customers to a landing page, the product provides you the ability to configure a Call to action button. Use the Call-to-action Text field to edit the button text and enter the landing page URL in the Call-to-action URL field.
Redirection can be either done on the same tab or a new tab by clicking on the respective radio buttons.
In case the push message is a simple push message with no re-direction needed, just click on the I don’t want the button checkbox.
- The wizard provides you the tools to customise the Push Message as per your requirements in the Layout Specific Options section.
Choose where the campaign appears on the mobile screen by changing the alignment options. Change the description font colour, background colour of the overlay and the Border colour of the overlay and customise your campaign.
All changes done to the campaign will reflect on the campaign preview overlay at the right hand bottom part of your screen. You can close this preview by clicking on the close button of the overlay. At any time you wish to re-visit the overlay, click on the Preview button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter details of the URL where the campaign would be launched in the Site URL text field under the Where section of the wizard. Checking the Site Wide option will enable the campaign on all the pages of the domain mentioned in the Site URL field. In the case the campaign needs to be launched on a specific page, copy paste the required page URL in the Site URL field and keep the Site wide checkbox unchecked.
Note: In case you need help with regards to launching the campaign on multiple pages, visit our guide of the targeting section.
- Schedule the start and the end date and time of the Push Message campaign in the When section of the wizard.
The campaign can be scheduled to start at mentioned time and date by selecting the desired values for Start Date/Time. Clicking on the Launch now button will launch the campaign as soon as the campaign is published.
The campaign will be paused on the date and time as mentioned in the End Date/Time fields. Clicking the Run this continuously button will make the campaign valid for a year from the current date. The campaign can be started/paused from the campaign summary page. To know more about this click here.
Once all the fields are filled, click on the Preview & Publish button on the bottom of the screen to launch the campaign.